Monday 27 January 2014

Anything Goes Mondays #48

stitch by stitch

Thanks again to each and everyone of you for linking up last week.  Last week I announced that on each and every 1st Monday of the month another blogger will have the chance to host 'Anything Goes Mondays' and the spots filled up super fast.  It is going to be so exciting!  In case you have missed it, you can find the schedule HERE.
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Today I would like to introduce you to Kim from Ties That Bind Quilting.  She, like so many of us have completely fallen in love with this craft/art after making her first quilt.  Here is her 'story'. 


Hi! I'm Kim and I blog over at Ties That Bind Quilting!  
I started quilting in September 2013 and have absolutely fallen in love with it.

My mom bought me a sewing machine for Christmas 2012 as I had asked her to help me make some curtains for my new house.  But after she and I made curtains, I wanted to continue using my new sewing machine.  My cousin had a baby in July 2013 and that sparked the crazy idea in my head that I was going to teach myself how to quilt and make her a baby quilt for that Christmas.  And that's how I started down the path towards becoming a quilter!

Before I got started, I didn't really know anyone who quilted.  My grandma had when she was younger but she's unfortunately no longer around to share her knowledge with me so I turned to the internet and blogs.  There is such a wealth of information out there for quilters!


I quickly realized that I find quilting very relaxing.  It is so nice to unwind after a day of working in a laboratory and just be creative for a while.  So far I've finished one complete quilt, another quilt top, and have a few works in progress.  I also joined a couple of BOMs and my first virtual quilting bee this year.  Clearly I like to bounce around between multiple projects at once!


I'd love for you to stop by and check out what I've been up to lately!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Now it is your turn to share what you have been busy with.

Rules:
1. Link up ANY recent blog posts, it can be one or more, but PLEASE do not share blog posts you might have linked up in the past.
2. Somewhere in your blog post, you must link back here to my blog, OR grab the 'anything goes' button for you sidebar.
3. Try to visit at least a few of the other blogs linked, the whole point of having a party is to connect, share and maybe get a few new followers...remember to leave a comment to let them know you stopped by!

stitch by stitch






* My posts delivered to you *

 photo rss_zps514fcff1.png    photo bloglovin_zpsb177e45f.png    photo mail_zps60f67007.png


 

2 comments:

Karens Quilts, Crows and Cardinals said...

Hi Kim -- welcome aboard the quilting bus! You've done some lovely quilts aready and I look forward to seeing more. Nice to meet you. Karen

Kim @ TiesThatBindQuilting said...

Marelize - you are too sweet! Thanks again for featuring me today! :)

Kim

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...